Montaigne is a personal blogging platform powered by Dropbox. Manage your content inside the Dropbox and have it published automatically.
There are no mandatory interface, no special tools - just files and folders. Use your preferred editor, add markdown, text file, images etc and have it published.
how can I see it
You can use Montaigne to publish blogs, personal sites, portfolios, documentation sites, wikis, landing pages. You are limited by your immigationation only. Montaigne was created as the simplest way to publish on the web. Have txt file? Just put it into Dropbox and have nice site ready.
how to use
- Signup on montaigne.io using your Dropbox account.
You will get new directory
/Apps/montaigneinside your Dropbox folder.
- Create new folder for your site like
- Add markdown or text files inside this new directory.
- Watch how new site is created and the content is published.
suported file formats
Following file types are suppoted:
- markdown files are rendered to html
- text files treated the same way as markdown files and will be rendered to html
- images are published as-is
- audio files are published as-is
- html files are published as-is
- PDF files are published as-is
There are several files/directories that will not be published:
- if the file/directory name starts with “.” or “_”
- if the directory name is “drafts”(case-insensitive)